All NEWS & ARTICLES
AUT Women in Tech Student Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to:
- Encourage engagement promote activities related to Women in Tech
- Support and contribute in the events organized by Women in Tech
- Act as role model to inspire counterpart peers
- Participate in research activities defined by Women in Tech
- Provide Critical Feedback to the mission, vision, and activities, developed and promoted by Women in Tech.
Mentoring and networking smoothing the path for women in tech
It is a lamentable and well-known fact that women are under-represented in the fields of engineering, technology, science, and mathematics.
These fields change the way we live – but they need more women and people of colour to help create new developments that serve all of society, not just a small segment.
Technological developments done without involving a diverse range of people can mean that biased technology develops – from health apps with no menstrual tracking features to artificial intelligence that doesn’t recognise darker skin tones and more.